JetSki Solutions - Installation Instructions >
Steering Washer Kit Instructions
1. Remove UMI steering nut, bearing cup & roller bearing, o-rings and turn plate. Remove original thrust washer assembly from the steering post (under the turn plate). Be sure to remove all three pieces & discard them (2 flat washers & 1 bearing washer).
2. Clean steering post thoroughly. Inspect o-rings for any excessive wear or damage - replace if necessary (JetSki Solutions has replacement o-rings available).
3. Lightly grease each of the Tuff-thrust washers using a high quality marine grease such as JetSki Solutions' Ski Grease. Also lightly grease the small recess around the steering post that the washers will rest in as well as the recess in the bottom of the turn plate.
4. Install the Tuff-thrust washers as follows: Place one of the polymer (white) washers on the steering post first; followed by the stainless steel washer and then the second polymer washer.
5. Grease the o-rings and apply a liberal coat of grease to the top surface of the steering post plate (where the mounting screws are located). Reinstall the remaining UMI components.
6. We highly recommend using a new nylon locking nut and red Loctite any time you service the UMI steering. See jetskisolutions.com for all of the UMI steering replacement parts.
Please contact us with questions or for assistance.