JetSki Solutions - Installation Instructions >
Hood Seal Installation
1. Remove stock hood gasket. The epoxy left behind needs to be carefully chipped or sanded out and cleaned with acetone to leave a smooth and even surface
2. apply flammable base contact cement to both surfaces, follow adhesive manufacture's directions.
NOTE: the supplied peel and stick adhesive will not work....apply contact cement over this adhesive. Unfortunately, this is the only way we can obtain this particular material.
3. enlist a helper and carefully install seal
Glide Strip Installation
1. Starting at the back of the hood near the hood latch, push the U-shaped channel onto the hood seal area of the hood.
2. The corners of the hood will be the most difficult to bend. The use of a hair dryer will soften the strip and ease installation at these points.
3. At the two thin gusset areas at the hood latch, make a small notch in either the gussets or the hood strip for clearance. A pair of side-cutters will notch the strip very easily or a sharp razor blade will notch the gussets just the same.
4. Use a pair of side-cutters or a sharp razor blade to trim the strip where the two ends meet. Cut the strip leaving approximately 1/32"~1/16" extra to ensure a water-tight seal. Make sure the two pieces butt up against each other and do not overlap.
5. Hood catch and latch adjustment may be required .
NOTE: Superglue can be used to keep the strip in place.